In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, blue is open for Curbside Pick-Up & Drive-Up Sandwiches ONLY during limited hours Wednesday – Sunday. Learn more.
Create Your Story
What to include on your wedding website
Creating your own wedding website is a modern way to make sure your guests know all there is to know about your wedding day. With so many customization options, it can be hard to decide what to include. Start with these basics and your guests will have no need to reach out to you with further questions – they’ll have it all right there on your site!
- A bit about the bride and groom – Let your guests get to know you both by including some small details about you as a couple. Telling your proposal story is a cute way to start, and can help set the tone for your wedding.
- Ceremony time & place – Might seem like a no-brainer, but be sure to make your ceremony location and start time easily visible on your site.
- Reception time & place – Another seemingly obvious inclusion, but if the ceremony and reception are not in the same location or scheduled for back-to-back times, it’s important to note these distinctions.
- Hotel accommodations – If you are blocking off rooms for your out-of-town guests at a local hotel, list all the details they would need to make a reservation, including hotel location, contact information, room block name, and block reservation deadline.
- Any additional events – Planning an after-party at the hotel, or a brunch for your guests the next morning? If you want all your guests to know where you’ll be before or after the wedding, include an open invitation these bonus events on your site.
- Registry – make it easy for guests with links to your online registries. If yours are unavailable online, be sure to tell guests what stores they can visit to look up your names.
- Photos! – Why not give your guests a chance to envision your big day? Offering photos of you and your fiancé over your time together can be a fun trip down memory lane, and photos of your venues or even your bridal party can help compete the picture.
Our Lehigh Valley brides and grooms have shown us some very creative wedding websites, and we love custom touches like fun facts about their bridal party, local activities for out-of-town guests, full menu descriptions to help guests choose their meal, and even reception song requests for the band or DJ! Above all, use your wedding website to give guests a preview of your wedding. Adding your own style or spin will just make things more fun for both you and your guests!